Thursday, February 14, 2013

Its a Beautiful Day!



Happy Valentines Day!
 
To refrain from the cleche posts about this day. I just wanted to share something small... :)

This morning I went outside my front door to a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the sky was bright blue and the birds.... oh the birds were singing their beautiful songs! I just had to stop and take in every second of this moment! I have always loved the outside and beautiful days... of course... who doesn't? Even if you don't know God or if you do, nature is breath taking! Its God's amazing creation. 

Anyways, this moment immediately took me back to a sweet sweet memory I hold very dear to my heart. When I was little, (3 or 4) I remember spending mornings swinging with my grandmother on the back porch. It was always early in the mornings, the world was just waking up. The sun peeking through the trees. But what I remember most are the birds! Even now, some 20 years later... their songs are the same and pluck a sweet string in my heart. As long as I live, I will never forget those moments. 

I know today is a big day surrounded by Love! Until recently I never really liked Valentines day... its not fun being reminded that you're alone. Although, this year I have finally joined the club of couples, It was when I fell madly in love with Christ our Savior that my point of view was changed. When you enter in a relationship with Christ and love him with all your heart and realize that he loves you with all of his heart, the more you start looking at the world through his eyes and not the world's. You see the beauty of the world through his heart and not the jealous, sad heart of the world. 

Whether you love today or hate it, have someone or not... just remember that the world is a beautiful place SO filled with love and wonderful things. Don't let the day tear you down with its jealous, hateful, lonely eyes and accept the Love that Christ has poured down for us. Its everywhere!


No comments: