Monday, February 11, 2013

Couldn't get a long without you now


"My heart is steadfast, O God, My heart is steadfast."
- Psalm 57: 7 

Oh what a weekend! I can't believe how fast this semester is flying by. This past Friday we initiated our new dolphins into our Tri Delta chapter! :) 

As I was sitting there watching the ceremony, I could only think back to when it was me who was sitting in those seats excited for the road ahead! Now I am on the latter half of my 3rd year in college and on the downhill finish with my life as an active member with my sweet sisters. 

When people ask me about the biggest blessings or my favorite part of my college career, it is most definitely my sweet sorority. Despite all of the silly stereotypes of a typical sorority girl, there is something so special about the bonds of sorority sisters. My best friends and greatest memories are from my time with Baylor Tri Delta. 

I received my bid from Tri Delta the Winter of 2011. Before choosing this chapter, I was torn with another. I remember sitting in line praying about what I wanted to do. I kept going back and fourth between the pros and cons... they both were pretty much tied. Until I really thought about it. Although one sorority really did like me, they all knew who I was... but did not really make an effort to get to know me for who I really was. Where as the girls who I knew in Tri Delta not only reached out to get to know me but invested in my life through love. God calls us to love as he has loved us, unconditionally,  and these girls did just that. Their main objective wasn't to meet a bid number goal but to create and establish relationships. 

"Friendships will need to be sealed in love, girded with trust and encircled with prayer"
-Sheri Rose Shepherd  

One of the sweetest bonds in life is between sisters. I never had a sister growing up but God knew that I'd be blessed with 200+ sisters one day! 
There are no words to describe how incredibly blessed I am to have these girls in my life. God has those friendships out there for all of us, they are definitely worth waiting for! 

"Love one another as I have loved you." -John 13: 34



Let us Steadfastly Love one another



Bid Day


My Pledge Class



 Homecoming 2011

Bid Day 2012


Summer 2012 at camp!


 Homecoming 2012


Our Sweet New addition to the family! 

 ∆∆∆








 
 

No comments: