Sunday, January 20, 2013

This Great Adventure, New Chapter



 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11 

Well friends. It is official. Next semester I am off to Alabama to see what plans God has in store for me!!! :)

Ever since I left Pine Cove, I have had this longing and need... well.. more like a desperation, to do something else... comforting right? A desperate need to do I have no idea what...  but I knew my passion and motivation for classes was no longer, my heart was elsewhere. Pine Cove not only taught me what it meant to be used by God but what it feels like to be so intimate and "one" with our maker, the whole world stands still. My life was forever and is forever changed. 

I left camp knowing that I no longer wanted to help people on the basis of a psychological degree but to help by sharing the incredible love story of Christ! BUT I still had no idea what in the world that meant. I tried to test waters at Baylor but found myself still longing for more. I had come to the obvious conclusion that my ministry was elsewhere.... elsewhere?

I remember about a year ago listening to a sermon on how God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to take risks and trust fully in his power and strength to provide. I fought this call to go elsewhere for months. I kept trying to tell myself that I was getting ahead of myself, I needed to finish classes, I had this and that to do.. etc. I would walk around campus and tell myself I couldn't leave, I had my bearings set here (hehe get is? Bearings... Baylor bears) ... I knew everything and where everything was. I was comfortable.... Ah! That word again. When I said that to myself, I immediately was reminded; "God doesn't call us to a comfortable life" 

Me. One who very much likes order and knowing what to expect, has been called to take a leap of faith; to uproot and move elsewhere.... Ahh! At first I was absolutely terrified... I am still a little scared but more nervous now... Despite all that I know, God is fully in control and the comfort that comes from knowing and believing in Him is incredible. 

Yes, I will finish school... yes it could most likely probably will be in Alabama :) But I am so stoked to see what God has planned next on this great adventure! :)

"Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
- Philippians 4:7 (msg)


No comments: