Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Jump


This is a continuation of my last blog about taking a leap of faith and moving myself to Alabama... Guys I was totally planning on blogging about something completely different but there is NO WAY I can keep what the Lord is doing in me to myself. Through taking this big step, he has been teaching me daily.

Sitting where I am right now, I can't help but to stop and look back at how far i've come since making this decision. I think back to when I knew I needed to go somewhere else, I look back to when I kept pushing the thoughts of Alabama away and I even look back to when I was convincing myself that staying here is the best thing to do... haha yeah right!

Unlike many spur of the moment decisions, I knew how major this one was and knew that me myself and I was not a solid foundation to rely on. I had to completely surrender and give the whole thing to God. When I say "give the whole thing to God" I don't mean I gave him the decision to make for me.  I made the decision. However, I entrusted him with the decision. Meaning: I relinquished all control. All the fears, doubts, anxieties, worries, even joys I had regarding this, I handed over to him. I knew I would be faced with bumps and defiance to my decision and I gave that over to him as well. I've been asked a lot big "what if" questions... my response... I don't know. What if? As scary as those two words seem... i'm not scared. What if?... God is bigger than any "What if" question we can come up with. The world is filled with a lot of things that terrify us but God is so much greater than any of that!!!

I've seen, countless times, so many people who get hurt in this world and because of the trials they endure, they become scared. Despite anything I have ever been through, I don't regret any of it, because the Lord is faithful and has shown his strength and power and unconditional love through all of the healing and growing. I'm not scared of the "what ifs" because Jesus! That's my answer. Forever and always.

Through all of this the Lord has simply been showing me not to fear, because he has overcome it all, he is greater than all of everything! When we take a step, when we take risks and trust fully in the power of the Lord, immeasurable things happen.

If God is for us, who can be against us?- Romans 8:31

In all honesty, the first step is/was the hardest. But so totally worth it. I'm not sure what next year brings but I have so many dreams and desires and I can't wait to see where the Lord leads me!
:)


No comments: