Sunday, January 13, 2013

Leap of Faith


"May the God of hope fill you with all Joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

"...so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power"
- 1 Corinthians 2:5

One of the most common words of advice I hear from my friends is to "Trust in God" to rely on his strength and not my own. When times are good and the waters are calm, trusting in the Lord is relatively easy, mainly because you really have nothing to lose. It is until we are faced with issues or rough waters where trusting in God is terrifying and we try to take control of the wheel and direct our path. 

I am definitely one who enjoys knowing the outcome of events, having some sort of control in my life. The lord has been forever faithful in teaching me time and time again that it is not by my strength and wisdom and power but by his.

Because of the Lord's great Love, he has blessed us with Free Will. We are not his puppets, subject to his wants for us ( although, life would probably be a lot easier if it were that way) I had always struggled with understanding the full concept of this. If God gives us free will? Then how does he lead us down the path he wants us to walk? Randomly one day, it finally made sense. When we accept Christ our hearts and fully follow him, our wants and desires become his wants and desires for our lives. So cool right?!

I have learned personally that the more I grow closer to Christ and my walk deepens with him my wants and desires become more and more his.

Recently, I have learned that this has really reigned true. I believe that the Lord has us where we are for a specific purpose but not necessarily forever. I have been in a specific place for a few years now and as time passes, my joys and desires to be there have almost died. It has gotten to the point where I can feel my heart longing for something else. I had no idea what that something else was... and the fear of leaving my comfortable place was enough to keep me at bay. But that's crazy! God doesn't call us to live a comfortable life. He wants us to trust in him fully, He wants us to place all of our hopes and dreams, fears and anxieties in him.

So... after so many years of staying where I was "comfortable" and thought I was supposed to be, I have to decided to take a leap of faith, trusting fully in God, and am exploring other options for my life... away from where I am now.

I am definitely excited and nervous but Its gonna be good. God is in control.

Praise God for his faithfulness and plans. They are much better then mine! That's for sure :)

No comments: