Monday, February 4, 2013

Minutes and Highways


" Count it all Joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
-James 1: 2-4

I absolutely love this verse and thought it very fitting for today. This past weekend was such a blessing. I was able to take a quick weekend trip to Alabama to visit my love and some wonderful friends. Every moment I get to spend with him is so precious. Usually the day of and after I leave are the hardest. The reality of the difficulty of long distance seems to sink in pretty deep. 

Missing him is so tough but such a blessing, after a few tears and lonely moments, I thank God for these feelings because it proves how much more I have fallen in Love with this boy! It's a temporary sadness and is soon replaced with joy and smiles of the next time we get to see each other. 

I would never recommend long distance to anyone but will, without hesitation, say that it is totally worth it. :) Takes a lot of communication, trust, and faith. Which brings me to this verse I posted at the top. Along with a mass of verses I love to read consistently, this is one I have leaned so much these past 5 months. 

"Count it all Joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds" I feel like a lot of times we think of trials as terrible things, as though we have to suffer greatly to learn. I don't necessarily believe that to be 100% true. We are constantly going through trials and tests, uncomfortable situations, situations that require more faith than others. However, I don't think we should align "trials" with a negative connotation. Rejoice when we are being tested or when things get "wishy washy" and we have to rely on God not ourselves... that means God is working in our lives! He is preparing us for something greater, something amazing! He is "Testing our faith" he is building us stronger and better for what he has planned for us in the long run. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! God is using us for something amazing for his kingdom... blows my mind every single time!

I know that, this looks very different in everyone's lives... right now, for me, it is my relationship with that handsome boy in Alabama who I am very much in love with! :) I know that being apart physically brings sadness and pains sometime but I also know that God is working constantly in my life right now to prepare me for his greater plan in the future... for when this boy and I aren't 700 miles apart anymore :) 

God works is mysterious ways and on his own timing. Handing him control of everything is scary but the most incredible thing in the world. Ask God to give you a piece of his world and he'll give you his whole universe if you let him. He has greater plans than we could ever imagine for us! 

So no matter what trial or thing you are going through, just take a second and rejoice in it. I know that's a lot easier said than done... especially if this trial is a tough one. (trust me, i've been there too...) But no matter what, God always has a plan, he blesses those who suffer on behalf of him and those who trust him fully with their plans. Everything always turns out okay :) 

 5 month date night :)



No comments: