Sunday, October 14, 2012

Light up the World


"Call to me and I will answer you.
 I will tell you marvelous and wondrous things 
that you could never figure out on your own." 
- Jeremiah 33:3




 As the semester is coming to a midway point, things are starting to get comfortable and a routine of the week is well under way for most. Then there's me.. still here trying to figure out my place where I am. Trying to take how the Lord shaped me this summer and apply to where i've been the past 3 years. 

Church this morning was phenomenal. We were reading through 1 Kings 18 and 19... random place to study but I was open and interested to hear what was going to be said. I had a good feeling about it.

I felt as though the Lord brought me to church this morning to make sense of the weird place I have been in. I have been conflicted with coming back from camp because I want to keep experiencing his love and power and amazing blessings all day every day BUT I didn't want to just conform to the routine robot self I was before.... I have been really... confused on where I fit in exactly.

One of the best things I took away from this morning was 
"The change we go through is for the community we return too" I felt as though the Lord was speaking directly to me in this statement.  The Lord does amazing things when we transforms our lives but the transformation isnt just a personal change. The Lord works wonders through us so we can go and work wonders in his world. 

We are called to be his light amidst the darkness. There are those times when he decided to change the bulb to a brighter and more powerful watt. We aren't then called to enjoy and rest easy in the new light but go deeper in the darker world and shine even brighter, glorifying his love and mercy for the lost. 

It's not comfortable and honestly it makes me nervous thinking about it. I'd rather be comfortable and just love the Lord and push the pause button and be constantly filled with his Holy Spirit, but that is just evil trying its hardest to make us stumble and discourage us for doing the work we are made to do. The Lord is our portion and our supply, he wont let you down, he is right there with you! 

How amazing is is to think about?! He wants us to be refined for him to better serve his kingdom and share his love. We just have to be willing to LET GOD LEAD and not fall back into the comfortable. 

Go be a light today! :)


No comments: