Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 2: Deep Roots

"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long." - Psalm 25:5


 What a beautiful way to start out the Lord's day! 

Today was a great message at Church. We are doing a series at church called "Recapturing the Covenant Life." We are focusing on the idea of marriage and how we treat our relationships. It is a really great series thus far. 

This Sunday we talked about the idea of Divorce. Interesting. I've never really heard a sermon on this topic specifically, but I was open to hearing about what was being said. I knew God was gonna tell me something through the message. I wasn't mistaken. The over all message of the sermon was this:
"Marriage is about loving your spouse sacrificially and unconditionally, to show an unbelieving world the Love God has for us."
Although, I am not married or in a relationship I took this and immediately was able to apply it to my life. 
Through our years in college, the idea of finding that significant other is like priority number one on most people's list. To be honest, its a top one for me. I felt as though, this was a wonderful reminder of how finding that significant other is not for selfish gain. Of course being with someone you love brings happiness and joy, but the lord intended marriage to be bond of two people to ultimately glorify him. That is our over all purpose on this earth anyways. We are called to spread his word and love to the unbelieving world, who need him the most. 

I'm in no way an expert when it comes to dating or relationships or anything of that sort. However, I've been through my fair share of trials and heartbreaks and bad dates and good dates to realize that a relationship, no matter how new or old, is a beautiful thing when grounded in the Lord. He has a plan for all of us and in our attempts to find happiness, we tend to compromise this plan at the expense of so much more than we can ever imagine. 

I loved the verse that the Lord blessed me with this morning "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long" Psalm 25:5. I have to remind myself each and every day that I am not here for my own personal gain and happiness. I am here for him and his plans and through him I will find happiness and joy. Just have to trust in him. 

I painted this last night. I absolutely love this quote. I think every girl should take it and wrap it around their hearts because there is so much truth behind it. I love it!




No comments: