Saturday, December 3, 2011

"My Princess, you don't have to fit in"

Day 3 from the book 'His Princess, Love Letters from your King' by Sheri Rose Shepherd

My Princess, You don't have to fit in



"I know you want to be accepted by others, but you were not made to fit in. You, my princess, were created to stand out. Not to draw attention to yourself, but to live the kind of life that leads others to me. Remember, it's your choices that will pave your path to life. I will not force you to do anything. I have given you a free will to walk with Me or to walk away from Me. I want you to know that you can put on your crown at any time and let people know that you belong to me. You have royal call on your life. I want you to remember you wear the crown of everlasting life, and through you I will do abundanntly more than you would ever dare to dream.

Love,
     Your King and Crown Giver

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am i trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be servant of Christ"
                 - Galatians 1:10


I love this letter so much. It hits so close to home for me. I feel as though I not only find myself searching for acceptance from people but from my guy friends the most. Especially now in my life. It is a constant battle reminding myself that the acceptance I search for from my friends isn't satisfaction that is going to fill the void i'm searching to fill. Not only that, its as though to get acceptance I tend to alter things I talk about to conform more to who i'm talking too. Making myself seem more or less spiritual when needed. Sounds silly right? I sit back right now and I am so grateful for the people the Lord has blessed me with in my life. I also sit back and can honestly see who my true friends are and who are just there because I keep them there. The lord has given me this life and these people for a specific purpose, to preach and spread his love and his name. I am so drawn to blending in and being comfortable in life. Achieving worldly acceptance definitely is an attribute that falls under this category. It is a constant day to day battle in learning how to not only stand out but stand out for Christ, as the person I was created to be.
    We are so limited by what we think and believe and it is impossible to even imagine the better things God has in store for us... but we just have to have faith. Definitely easier said then done, I know. But I know its worth it. :)

 

No comments: