Friday, June 3, 2011

Sweet Summer Time.



The time of the year everyone looks forward too! Sleeping in. Staying up late. NO SCHOOL! What could be better?

During the past summers, my brother and I would always travel together. Whether it be to Kamp (yes, spelled with a K), to visit family or just a spontaneous trip, we have always been together. This year, However, is different. 

My brother is on Vacation with family in Orange Beach, Alabama

 
(What a view from the condo right!? absolutely amazing. )
I, however, wake up and look out to this:
 

Both views are completely different but both are amazing. Being from a big city the beauty of the country amazes me. I have never seen so many stars in one place! 
My brother and I are separated right now with our vacation destinations but both places share one common thing. Both scream the beauty of God. His amazing "awe" inspiring creations. 

"Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear" and it was so. God called the dry ground "land" and the gathered waters he called "seas" And God saw that it was good."- Genesis 1:9-10


I know we have all heard people tell us to "stop and smell the roses" every once in a while. To actually stop and look at the beauty that surrounds us daily. To stop for a second in our ridiculously busy lives and appreciate the little things in life. 

I feel like this is something that I need to be reminded of daily. We as humans try to find joy and happiness in so much in this world. I've learned that it is so easy to find joy when we take what God has given us. The beauties of this earth are just one simple thing we can appreciate all the time!

So whether you have a beach, mountains, a backyard, open land or a pool out the window where you are looking out, just remember that God put it there for us. He finds joy in his creations and we should too!  We just need to stop every once in a while and notice. 

Summer is a great opportunity to step out of our comfortable boxes we call home and experience something new. As scary as that may seem it is so worth it!


"Delight yourself in the Lord" - Psalm 37:4


 




No comments: