Thursday, July 17, 2014

From a daughter to a mother


 
For sometime, I have wanted to write about this incredible woman in my life. When I think about my hero, she is it. I've tried to sit and write but words just seem to not do any sort of justice. Recently i've been so overwhelmed with words to say about my mom that I was inspired to use this incredible day to say a few words to her. 
 
Happy Birthday Mom!
 
Hey Mom,
 
Where do I even begin?! I guess I should start at the beginning..
 
 

 "Blessed is the man (woman) who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12  
 
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day" Psalm 46:5. 
 
 
When I read these verses, I immediately think of you. Life is definitely not a walk in the park. However, as far back as I can remember, you always persevered, you always pushed forward, strongly! I thank God every single day for you, not only as my mom but as a kindred spirit. I am grateful for your wisdom and guidance, but also for you support and love. You have seen me through some incredible trials and heart break, some a girl should never endure. You didn't look down on me but got down on my level and walked with me. No matter how dark things seemed to get, you always told me to never give up, lean on the lord and to have faith. 

Thank you for teaching me good taste in clothes and interior decorating. For teaching me how to not only get over heart break from a crush but to grow strong from it. Most of all, thank you for introducing me to the greatest relationship I will ever know. For teaching me the gospel and allowing me to experience the greatest love of all. "Those who look to him are radiant" Psalm 34:5. Your face shines so brightly of his love. When I see you, I see Christ. When I feel you love on me, I am filled with the Holy Spirit. 


My most favorite memories are from when we were little and living in our sweet little apartment. I remember waking up in the mornings with the doors open, allowing the cool air to come through and the occasional kitty to poke its head in. I remember playing on the golf course and the pool. I remember the sweet moment I got my own bed. The pink comforter and the horse picture hanging on the wall. I also remember how scary it was to be in my own bed so I still slept in yours. I remember, most of all, dreaming. I remember getting poster board, dreaming about my dream room and having you draw it out for me! My favorite thing about you! Your dreams! "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" You taught us to always dream big, there is never a too big! God is bigger than anything we could dream of and look at where we are now?!
 
I know some see adversity and trials as a temporary downfall.  I mean hard times are to teach us lessons for the wrongs we have done, right? But to you, you don't ever see it like that. When the flesh gets tired, I get down, I feel like you just never get a break. I don't understand God's plans and sometimes have such a hard time with that. I wish the whole world was at your finger tips but I know God has called you to an extraordinary mission. You are a Paul. You find comfort knowing God is in control. You trust that even though you don't fully understand, he loves you and has called you. You find pure joy in the midst of chaos and pain. You always have a smile on your face. When my faith is weak, you always are strong for me! You, inspire me to pray constantly, to humble myself daily and to love unconditionally. 

 
 
Aside from all the hard times that are easy to view, we can't forget those incredible little big happy moments! Laughing so hard that we cry and our sides hurt. Always knowing that laying out in the sun is good for the soul. Finding those ways around expensive treatments for awesome home remedy's! Always knowing that you can't eat popcorn without a glass of orange juice, or start the day without a cup of coffee... or two. Kitties are the silliest animals! But, we love all animals and always pray for them! A Shooting star is God waving at us and Dr. Pepper is God's gift to us ( one of many of course). 
 
Mom, you are my rock and my hero. Thank you for always being there for me! For always dreaming with me and allowing me to dream with you. Thank you for listening to my rants and for making big deals out of those that seemed so huge at the time but were really small. Thank you for dropping me off at school every morning. For being a single mom of 3, working full time and managing to be a super involved PTA mom. Thank you for picking me up from school and dropping me off at golf and orchestra practices every day. Thank you for my phone, car, clothes and room. Thank you for giving us 9 dollars even though you only had 10 in the bank.Thank you for driving to hillsboro to meet me during my first homesick weeks of college. Thank you for attending my bid day, even though I rushed a different sorority. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for allowing me into a special part of your life and introducing me to that special part, for showing me an example of what a true man after the Lord looks like. Guys like that do exist! :) Thank you for meeting and taking a chance on my Justin. For never doubting our long distance relationship and helping me believe that With Christ all things are truly possible. Thank you for trusting me, letting me move 3 states away for my sweetheart. Thank you for helping me drive and move all my stuff 3 states away! Thank you for always supporting me and loving me. Even now that I am off and married, thank you for showing me that our relationship has changed but in such a great way. God has bonded us stronger and tighter together. 
 
 
I look at the new chapter in my life with excitement. I love walking a long side of you and appreciate you always taking my calls, no matter what.... even if it is every day :) I just pray and hope that the Lord blesses me with a little girl. I pray that if he does, that I am able to not only be as incredible of a mom as you are but to have the incredible bond that we have as well. 
 
Thank you for always being there for me! Your good morning hugs are always the sweetest and good night texts are full of protection and prayer! 


 
 
Today is your day! (Even though I know its physically impossible for you to celebrate yourself!) 
 
I love you mom and all that you do! 
 
Your baby girl, 
Hannah
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: