Monday, April 22, 2013

I love you, my dear



The title of this blog is a line from a song called "My Dear" by Bethel Music. I saw it a few months back in a wedding video and finally found out who the song was by. I can't explain the amount of joy that fills me up when I listen to these words. They are so precious and true. My favorite line out of the whole song says


"There is none upon the earth that I desire before you Lord. For you've been faithful all my days. Your love endures, it will never fade."

How absolutely incredible is that?! This really corresponds with something that the Lord placed on my heart this morning. This past weekend, I had the incredible privileged of spending a few days in Auburn with my guy as an early birthday present. I am always SO excited to visit and spend time with him when I can. Being so far apart, our time together is always random and only subject to a few days but so precious. I knew this weekend would be great but the Lord far surpassed any expectations I had. 

I don't want to sit here and talk about my awesome weekend but instead I want to talk about something the lord filled me up with this morning. His Love. I think one of the biggest themes of my life this year has been revolved around how the Lord has really shown His love to me through my relationship and circumstances. 

I was sitting in my room this morning spending some time with the Lord and I just got so overwhelmed with the feeling of this Love that it brought me to tears. I was thinking about this past weekend and the time I got to spend with my guy and I was speechless! I know and can see people's reactions when I tell them I am dating "the one", the guy i'm gonna marry one day and spend forever with. I'm young, of course they are skeptical. But its moments like the one I had this morning that confirm beyond any doubt that it is true. When I think about Justin and my love for him my love for the Lord becomes overwhelming. The two are intertwined. The more in love I choose to fall with my guy the more in love I choose to fall with our Savoir. 

I grew up like every other girl. Dreaming of prince charming to come and sweep me off of my feet. I also fell into a lot of bad relationships and dated some less than charming guys. I've had my heart broken more times than i'd like to remember and spent many nights crying myself to sleep wondering if I was destined to be alone and hurt for the rest of my life. Aside from being a teenager, these emotions were very real and scary. It wasn't until I stopped looking for a guy to fill my heart (which was impossible) and surrendered it to the Lord to fill that prince charming came. 

The world pushes us to fall in love and find that special someone on our own... but how in the world are we supposed to find love when we don't really know what it looks like? How can we know how to love without the one who created it to show us and teach us? 

This verse is phenomenal. It is so simple but so true. We LOVE because HE first LOVED US! We love others fully and truly when we are in love with the Lord. The enemy tries so hard to discourage this and convince us that it is impossible to love two fully, that one is going to compete and win out over the other... but that is so wrong! When we surrender and fall fully in Love with the Lord, we obtain a love that is so above and beyond that we are able to Love others completely through the Lord. I feel as though words barely do this concept justice. It is definitely something the Lord will reveal and show you himself on his own time.

The Lord wants to bless us beyond our wildest dreams and exceed any expectation or standard we may have. He wants to blow our minds and overwhelm our hearts. He Loves us so much, he gave us his entire world and beyond. I just want to use this as a huge encouragement.

Finding the Love of my life was what I dreamt about growing up. It was my hearts biggest dream and desire. I wanted the movies and love songs to come true for me... even writing this blog just fills me up because I want every girl to know and have peace and reassurance that God is there to fill our hearts desire for our Love story first and then he eventually brings that special prince charming along. All in His timing. :)

Don't settle for less. Be patient and trust that He knows the best time for you. The point of marriage and relationships is to show the world God's love through his people. To shine light in darkness. I can only relate from my experience and I don't mean to come off as bragging but just comparing my relationship now to any other guy i liked to dated or talked too. My boyfriend now not only loves me but loves the Lord first. He leads me strongly towards the cross no matter what. We are honest with each other. We know each others dark corners but also know that we are forgiven and cleaned no matter where we've been or what paths we've walked. He makes time for me. We don't play "mind" games with each other. No jealously. No anger. If we disagree, we talk it out. He is silly and fun to joke around with. We laugh more than normal. We aren't scared to be serious or sad or just frustrated or tired. Emotions are real. He pays attention and listens. He calls me to talk for a few hours or a few minutes just to say goodnight. He's my best friend and the love of my life. Despite all of these things thought, the most important: he consistently draws me closer and inspires me to draw closer to Christ daily. He is the leader in the relationship. Men are created for this role. It breaks my heart to see girls settle for less than they deserve. Have high standards for yourself!!! God wants the best for you too! You just might have to be patient in waiting. Relationships are supposed to be on an equal field. One is not higher than the other and vice versa. I could sit here and try to compare and relate how different this relationship is different to others in the past but the biggest is the fact that the Lord's love is immanently present!

If i've learned anything in my life thus far its that God is a very jealous God. He wont let idols come a head of him. Relationships are from Him, He wont put you in one that pushes Him aside but is intertwined in and through Him. 
Remember: 
Be patient if you are still waiting. He's working :)  
Be aware if you are in a relationship, ask yourself if this is ultimately glorifying to God. If its not then maybe God has a different path ready for you. and if it is! THEN YAY!!! :)

God is so good!



"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."


- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7


No comments: