Friday, November 16, 2012

Adventure is out there!


ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!!!

Right now I am sitting in my room in eager anticipation for tomorrow morning to come... like a little kid on Christmas eve! After waiting over two months, tomorrow is the day I get to travel to Alabama to visit quite an amazing boy and his precious family! I am so excited, I can't even sleep! 
**Hints the late post :) ... P.S. How adorable is this picture... and this movie?!

At this moment, so much joy and happiness fills my heart and soul as I dream about the long awaited reunion :) but... I gotta be honest these past weeks have been tough...so many ups and downs
(haha get it.... ups.. UP...)

I felt as though this day would never come. The past few months awaiting for this day to come was filled with so many insecuirites, busy-ness, school, stress and even sickness. It felt as though it was never ending. One thing after another. I'd love to say that the excitement to go to Alabama was what got me through those tough times but honestly... it was all the Lord. 

With Thanksgiving just around the corner I can only fall to my knees and praise him and thank him for his mercy, love and strength through the tough times. 

"Try to view challenging days as opportunities to receive more of My Power than usual. Look to Me for all that you need, and watch to see what I will do. As your day,so shall your strength be"
-Jesus Calling Devotional

 I read this devotional randomly one morning and immediately felt peace from the truth. No matter what each day brings or what challenges we face, we are empowered with the most incredible and powerful weapon of all time. We just have to have faith in His power in us, that those challenges that are deemed as negative and sometimes punishing in the world's eyes are actually blessings to glorify the Lord's strength, love and power in us. 

Even though I am beyond incredibly insanely cant even sleep or think excited about my trip this week, I have to Thank our mighty Heavenly Father for everything he has shown me and proven to me these past few weeks and even thank him for this incredible blessing of an adventure i'm about to embark on. 

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always" - Psalm 105:4

"Your sandals shall be iron and bronze; As your days, so shall your strength be" 
          -Deuteronomy 33:25 

No comments: