Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bold Prayers





Over the past few weeks, this topic has really sparked a fire in my heart. I just have such a passion to share with everyone. As a Christian, prayer is the most powerful weapon we possess. It is our direct connection to our Lord but it is also SO much more than that. I am a huge believer in bold prayers, for dreaming big. However praying boldly isn't just asking God for big things, but believing in something, no matter how much the world tells you otherwise. For having faith in God, despite how impossible it may seem.

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain. 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20

I have always been so in Love with this verse, even before I knew it's full meaning. Jesus is telling us that even the smallest amount of faith is powerful enough to move mountains. 

As Christians, we are taught to fear the Lord, however, it is almost as if we fear him to the point where we are afraid of him. The Lord loves us and wants us to fear him... as in respect him. He is our Heavenly Father, just as we are called to honor and respect our earthly parents, God wants us to treat him the same. Also like our parents on earth, God wants us to ask for things, wants us to dream and most of all be BOLD! Don't be afraid to pray bold prayers, DONT BE AFRAID TO BELIEVE IN THEM!

My mom always told me to be careful what you pray for. It is so true. When I was a sophomore in high school I was so fed up with crushing on guys and then getting crushed. I prayed and told God that I want the person I actually get into a serious relationship with to be the one I marry. Little did I realize that God actually takes these prayers seriously.... after this prayer, I didn't date the rest of my high school career, I had very few short and some what meaningless relationships in college... until I finally met him... waiting all those years wasn't fun and was really difficult, but now looking back, I am so glad that the Lord upheld his end of the bargain. I gave God my heart and he saved it for the man of my prayers.

God is so big, don't be afraid to pray just as big. Pray that the world comes to know Jesus, pray that world hunger comes to an end, that sex trafficking stops. Pray that your parents get back together, pray that you have an incredible love story, pray to travel the world, to change the world. God is bigger than anything we can dream of. The bigger our prayers reveals our big faith; our trust in our creator. He loves us so much and wants to give us the world... we just have to believe and trust that he can. Prayer is so powerful.

"Don't be afraid; Just believe!" -Luke 8:50

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you! This was very insightful and helpful, God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.Thanks for sharing!