Monday, December 10, 2012

Leap of Faith

"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses"



"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me"
- Psalm 23:4

 I believe that one of the hardest, yet most rewarding lessons the Lord teaches us in life is having faith. In the bible faith is defined as "...being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1. Through out my walk, I've learned that the lord is faithful and trustworthy when he makes a promise to us or even in his plans for our lives. The tough part is remembering to trust in the Lord when things start going different than what we had pictured. 


I look back at my life and try to picture how I thought my life would look now, 5 years ago. A lot has changed and a lot will change. This summer, when I worked at Pine Cove Camp as a counselor, I experienced one of the greatest life changing moments in my life. The Lord chose that summer to launch me into a run towards him that has been radically changing every aspect of my life ever since.

Aside the numerous blessings there have been a lot of unsettled feelings regarding current and old things in my life that I came back too. One of the biggest and best ways (i've seen in my life) that the Lord has tested my faith has been when he's taken me out of my comfort zone and put me into situations where all I could do was trust in him. In those moments he not only shines the brightest but reveals himself the most.

Random topic to just kind of pick up and talk about mid way through the year.. but I feel as though I have come upon a cross road of choosing the comfortable or trusting the Lord in where I should go in my future. Do i stay where i am or take a leap of faith?

This semester has been full of leaps of faith and I can honestly say that every single one of them has been so scary and crazy but so incredible at the same time. When we give the Lord our dreams and make him a part of them he not only meets expectations but far exceeds them.

So even though, this could be a scary leap of faith... among so many others. I know the Lord is there holding my hand, not letting me fall, ready to show me the exceeding dream he has dreamt for me in addition to my own.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
- Isaiah 41:10

No comments: